With the recent news and events worldwide in association with the CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19), curling is taking the following steps and encouraging all our facilities to be proactive and continue monitoring situations as they develop.
Postponement of league play is a club/league decision and should be considered by each club based upon the unique nature of each club’s membership.
CurlManitoba has postponed the Chicken Chef Mixed Provincials scheduled for March 19–22, 2020. Provincial Government recommendation issued on March 13 are to avoid large gathering of 250 or more.
Province of Manitoba (Coronavirus)
- Abstain from customary handshakes pre/post game. Use other forms of non-contact greetings.
- Provide disinfectants wipes for cleaning of rock handles prior to start of each game.
- Provide hand sanitizer in club rooms for all participants.
- Strongly advise all participants to restrict their participation if feeling ill. Do not attend to the curling venue if you show any symptoms associated with the virus.
- Minimizing prolonged (more than 10 minutes) close (less than two meters/ six feet) contact between other individuals in public.
Please be aware that CurlManitoba is providing this information for your organization to take the appropriate steps in protecting your members, and to assist in any decision making related to league play and your overall approach to preventing the potential spread of COVID-19.
As the information from government sources and medical experts is continually changing and being updated the following links will be useful.