MANDATORY (ALL COACHES):
- 21 Years of Age (minimum) as of December 31, 2018
- Respect in Sport For Activity Leaders. This is an online course found on the Sport Manitoba website.
- Making Ethical Decisions on line evaluation is mandatory. This online course found on the Canadian Coaching website.
MEN, WOMEN, MIXED COACHES:
- All coaches must be Competition Coach trained.
- All junior coaches need Competition Coach trained for CurlManitoba events leading up to the Provincial Championship and Competition Coach Certified for the Championship.
ATTENTION Coaches and Instructors for CurlManitoba
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK AND CHILD ABUSE REGISTRY
Any coach at CurlManitoba Junior Provincial Championship MUST have a criminal record check and a child abuse registry check to be able to coach at the Provincial Level. This includes Junior Men’s and Women’s Provincial Championships and the Manitoba Games. The documents must be submitted to Elaine Owen, Event/Development Manager, CurlManitoba PRIOR TO December 15 of the current year.
No exceptions will be allowed so if you plan to compete in any of the events do record checks NOW. Criminal record checks can be obtained at an RCMP station in your area, or at the City of Winnipeg Police Station. You can also go online at www.winnipeg.ca or www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca.
The child abuse registry can be submitted on line at www.gov.mb.ca.
DO IT NOW AND AVOID THE LAST MINUTE PROBLEMS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER
- Prior to the start of competition teams may register a Coach/Adult Supervisor. Certification is not required. However, completion of Club Coach OR Competition Coach Trained is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
- Respect in Sport on line evaluation is MANDATORY.
COMPETITION COACH CERIFICATION
This is a three step process as follows:
- Competition Coach Course
- An Emergency Action Plan and a Practice Plan submitted for approval by CurlManitoba
- An on-ice evaluation of the implementation of the practice plan
You can challenge the certification by completing the last 2 steps of the certification. You have one attempt at the challenge.
For more information, please contact Elaine Owen at email@example.com or at 204-926-8408.