For Release: March 21, 2020
The Manitoba Curling Hall of Fame and Museum (MCHoF&M) Board of Directors, in consultation with CurlManitoba, has made the decision to postpone the annual Curling Hall of Fame Induction dinner originally scheduled for May 3, 2020.
Traditionally the end to the Manitoba curling season, the annual banquet will now be held as a curling season kick-off event – scheduled for Sunday, October 4.
“It was a necessary and responsible decision given the current public health concerns in our country,” said MCHoF&M President Bill Biehl. “Our Board was unanimous in support of the decision to postpone. We also appreciate the support of CurlManitoba in making this difficult decision.”
“The decision is in keeping with the recommendation made by Curling Canada in consultation with all Member Associations that all domestic sanctioned curling activities be temporarily suspended,” said CurlManitoba Executive Director Craig Baker.
Both the Manitoba Curling Hall of Fame and Museum Inc. and CurlManitoba express their sincere appreciation to Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park for their assistance and cooperation in rescheduling the banquet. Canad Inns is a valued partner in the Manitoba curling world. “We look forward to continuing our relationship with Canad Inns when things return to normal,” says Biehl.
As announced in January, the induction banquet, when it now takes place on October 4 will honour CURLERS Vic Peters, Chris Neufeld, and Karen Purdy; the 2011 Jeff Stoughton World Champion and 1984 Darcy Kirkness Canadian Junior Champion TEAMS; and BUILDERS Ernie Oliver and Resby Coutts.
Tickets for the fall banquet may be purchased by contacting Tracey at the CurlManitoba office 204-925-5723 or [email protected]. The organizing committee is hopeful that previously purchased tickets can still be used by their purchasers, but they will be refunded on request.
For information, media may contact:
Bill Biehl — MCHoF&M President
204-228-1275 | [email protected]