For Release: August 7, 2020
The Manitoba Curling Hall of Fame & Museum (MCHoF&M) Board of Directors has made the decision to cancel the 2020 Hall of Fame Induction Banquet.
Originally scheduled in May, the event had been ‘pushed’ to an October date in consideration of the pandemic.
“We had been hopeful that we would be able to honour our 2020 class of inductees by delaying the annual event,” says MCHoF&M President Bill Biehl. “However, in the interests of the health and safety of our inductees and volunteers as well as the curling fans who annually attend the event, we have concluded it is appropriate to cancel the event for this year.”
“We very much appreciate the cooperation of Canad Inns Destination Centre Polo Park, a valued supporter of the Manitoba Curling Hall of Fame & Museum over the years, in accommodating our re-scheduling efforts,” Biehl says.
Over the next few months, as a new pandemic-impacted curling season unfolds, the Board of Directors will consider plans for a 2021 induction of this year’s already announced inductee group which includes CURLERS Vic Peters, Chris Neufeld and Karen Purdy; BUILDERS Ernie Oliver and Resby Coutts; and two TEAMS – the 2011 Jeff Stoughton World Champions and the 1984 Darcy Kirkness Canadian Junior Women’s Champions.
Media may contact:
President Bill Biehl (204-228-1275) [email protected]
Selection Chair Peter Nicholls (204-391-5041) [email protected]